My work in immigration law focuses on assisting clients with the solicitor side of immigration law, in other words, preparing applications such as permanent residency, work permit, labour market opinion, temporary resident visa, and study permit applications. While a would-be immigrant does not legally require a lawyer to submit an immigration application, in most instances, it is in the applicant's best interests to have a legal representative. In many cases, an immigration application is the most important application that a person will ever make, with starting a new life and career in the country of one's choice being the prize that is at stake.
A legal representative helps an immigration client in the following ways:
- providing immigration applicants appropriate timeframe estimates for the various possible immigration options
- helping clients to determine their eligibility under the different immigration programs
- advising clients what steps they have yet to take to become eligible for immigration under the different immigration streams
- advising clients of their rights and responsibilities in relation to the immigration process
- reviewing materials required for immigration applications, including documents prepared by governments and third parties
- accurately and thoroughly completing forms that are necessary for the immigration process
- communicating with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and various provincial governments on behalf of the applicant in situations in which special consideration is required
I have assisted clients with a wide variety of immigration applications, including skilled worker, Canadian experience class, family and spousal (common law partner) sponsorship, business class, and provincial nominee permanent residency applications. In addition to permanent residency applications, I have assisted with work permit, labour market opinion, study permit, temporary resident visa, and citizenship applications.
In addition to my own experience with immigration matters, I have a highly experienced and competent staff. Services in Korean are available upon request.