Additional information can be found at my site devoted to lawyer-drafted wills and estate planning services for Calgary residents.
- $350 plus GST for one person (lawyer rate for one will package for up to 2 hours)
- $600 plus GST for a couple (lawyer rate for two wills for a married or common law couple, for up to 3 hours)
- $600 plus GST (per trip) to attend at a hospital or personal residence in Calgary for a will (for up to 2 hours)
- $200 plus GST (additional charge) to cancel and reschedule a lawyer's appointment for an individual will or a couple's wills
- $100 plus GST for a minor change to a will previously drafted by me (for up to 30 minutes)
Please note that, at my discretion, I may require a deposit of up to $200 to be paid to schedule an appointment. I will typically require a deposit if a client has already cancelled an appointment for a will. Since it is a financial loss to me when clients cancel appointments for wills, leaving me without the ability to fill the time slot with another client, it is now my policy to charge $200 for each appointment cancellation for an individual will or a couple's wills.
These rates include the drafting of the will (or wills), power(s) of attorney, and personal directive(s), and indicate starting rates for these will-drafting services. Additional charges of $250 plus GST per hour will apply to clients who require more time than is projected in the above estimates. In my experience, the above estimates accurately reflect the time it takes to complete wills (and related documents) for individuals and couples.
While these rates are more than you might pay to purchase a do-it-yourself wills kit, there are many