Wills‎ > ‎

Estate Planning for Multiple Jurisdictions

If you own property (or are likely to own property) in more than one province, or in a Canadian province as well as a state in the US, or perhaps even in a country outside of North America, such as China, it is a good idea to get estate planning legal advice from lawyers who are licensed in those other jurisdictions. If that applies to you when you are preparing a will with me, please let me know. I may be able to refer you to a lawyer who who licensed in that other jurisdiction. I know lawyers who are licensed in such jurisdictions as the Province of Quebec, the Province of British Columbia, the United States, China, the Philippines, etc. 

It is especially important to obtain estate planning advice from an American lawyer if you own property in the United States, as the US, unlike Canada, has an estate tax.