Passport Documents

If you are applying for a passport, please note that certain forms, such as the Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor, are only available through the Passport Office. If you do not have a guarantor, you must first obtain this form from the Passport Office.


This form should rarely be necessary, as recent government policy changes allow an adult Canadian passport holder to act as a guarantor if the existing passport holder has known the passport applicant for more than two years.


If your passport has been lost or damaged and you are applying for an additional passport, the Passport Office will require you to swear a statutory declaration before a notary public or commissioner for oaths.